Thread: Edited thread title doesn't update

Junior Shooter

Edited thread title doesn't update

Not sure if this is by design, but figured I'd bring it up. When editing a thread, as in the original post, the title does not appear to be updating. Reference my post in the WTS section for reloading equipment. Originally posted as Primers/Powder, however once those sold I attempted to edit the title to reflect the addition of some brass/bullets.

Thanks!

p.s. Hope these catches are helping you, figured you might want to know! Let me know to be quiet and go back to my corner if not, haha

This sounds like a permissions setting and usually an easy fix. I will check it out.

Did you use the "advanced edit" when you edited the title? I checked all the permissions and everything looks good. I also went and edited a couple of my thread titles and everything worked alright. I havent tried it with a troll yet though. My thinking is maybe it was a glitch.

Junior Shooter
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911 View Post
    Did you use the "advanced edit" when you edited the title? I checked all the permissions and everything looks good. I also went and edited a couple of my thread titles and everything worked alright. I havent tried it with a troll yet though. My thinking is maybe it was a glitch.
    I'll try now, and make sure I used advanced edit.

Went into advanced edit, and the "title" area in the edit screen has the updated title, however once saved, it still displays the original. Weird, maybe it is just for the classified section?

Last edited by jholen; 01-27-2014 at 06:31 PM.

It has to be a glitch in the ad. I tried to edit the title and it didnt work, but I edited another classified thread title and it worked. I checked the group permissions, posting permissions and the forum settings and all looks good. If you want to try a test ad, go for it and see if you can edit it.