Thread: Hello fellow handloaders

Hello fellow handloaders

Been reloading for several years now. Found out that reloading is just as enjoyable as shooting. Have done some 38 specials and 9mm. Getting set up for 357 magnum, 44 magnum and my Christmas 45 ACP. Thanks goes out to 1911 for the new website. Hope to learn and hope to share share some too.

Welcome to the site Cuz. Reloading fills the void for when we are not out shooting, do most of mine during the winter months and more shooting in the warmer months.
    Nice looking revolver in the avatar, I dig non fluted cylinder revolvers, they just look bad ass!

Currently looking for it's little sibling. The elusive 357 classic hunter. They are a little harder to come by. Kind of a Smith and Wesson , Ruger Hybrid with the unfluted cylinder. I really like them

Junior Shooter
    Welcome! I might have to pick your brain on .38 special - only got my little S&W 442 but found a lot of .38 brass and some Hornady cast bullets in my grandpa's reloading equipment I inherited.

Quote Originally Posted by jholen View Post
    Welcome! I might have to pick your brain on .38 special - only got my little S&W 442 but found a lot of .38 brass and some Hornady cast bullets in my grandpa's reloading equipment I inherited.
    Great revolver, I have it's stainless brother (642), it's one of my favorite guns. I carry it on my ankle every day at work, in my back pocket of my jeans frequently and in my shorts pocket during the summer. They are surprisingly damn accurate for such a short gun too.
    I havent shot any cast through mine, just extreme plated bullets and some factory +p hollow points.

Junior Shooter
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911 View Post
    Great revolver, I have it's stainless brother (642), it's one of my favorite guns. I carry it on my ankle every day at work, in my back pocket of my jeans frequently and in my shorts pocket during the summer. They are surprisingly damn accurate for such a short gun too.
    I havent shot any cast through mine, just extreme plated bullets and some factory +p hollow points.
    Yeah, it rides on my ankle quite often. Only wish would be to find a way to make the sight picture pop a bit more.

Excited to get some more ammo for it to practice. Bullets are Hornady 158 grain .358 round nose, guessing used for my grandpa's security six he had.

Quote Originally Posted by jholen View Post
    38 special is a great cartridge for reloading. very versitile, and brass lasts forever. I've done some lead SWC and some Berrys plated both 158 grains. Have used Unique, HP-38, Trail Boss, and Red Dot so far. Have been really impressed with Red Dot.

Quote Originally Posted by J-Rod View Post
    Been reloading for several years now. Found out that reloading is just as enjoyable as shooting. Have done some 38 specials and 9mm. Getting set up for 357 magnum, 44 magnum and my Christmas 45 ACP. Thanks goes out to 1911 for the new website. Hope to learn and hope to share share some too.
    Are you aware your .38spl dies will load your .357mag? Most folks are, but...

I hope so...Don't want to buy more stuff. Actually I would love to excuse to buy more stuff