Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Damaged brass

Junior Shooter
    Ok thanks. My 357sig cases aren't doing that either although I've only fired about 150 rounds through it so far.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Marksman
    150 rounds won't be a issue. I was wondering about that. The New OEM barrel should not be a problem either. Loading problems are more indicative of a barrel problem. Your action is probably a bit stiff, so make sure you put oil on the recoil spring and on the slide.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Junior Shooter
    Quote Originally Posted by mjcmichigan View Post
    Are there extractor marks on the case?

To me, it looks like the cases are either trying to clear the ejection port late or maybe early.

Do you ever have a case stove pipe? (Sits straight up in the ejection port so next round doesn't feed.

I shoot a 30sf (45) and have not had that happen to my brass yet.

Check your slide for smooth easy action.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    This.

Junior Shooter
    I cleaned and lubed, checked the extracter claw, took 10 test reloads to the range. Results, 4 out of round brass again, 1 lost, 1 split al the way to the webbing. Got a pic but can't seem to send them. So, now the cases are mashing with the 357 sig and the LW 40 barrel. Any ideas?

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

That is so common it isn't worth mentioning. Look for some brass-colored residue at the ejection port.
    Really, non-issue up there with light loads and getting soot on the outside of the case.