Thread: Tumbling brass

Junior Shooter

Tumbling brass

How long do you tumble brass. Any tips or tricks . Im using a frankford arsenal master kit.

I have a Frankford Arsenal tumbler also. I usually prefer my brass to come out looking nice and bright, so with corn cob, I usually tumble 6-8 hours. I am currently running some Hornady corn media, with Dillon polish and the last batch looked like new after just 4 hours.

Marksman
    I'm not too picky. I want it clean, but don't really care if it looks like new for my plinking. :) I typically tumble it around 4 hrs with walnut media and maybe a little flitz polish.

Get on Youtube and check out the Thumlers Tumbler with stainless media for cleaning brass. A friend of mine has one and the results are amazing. The videos and pictures won't do it justice. Just a squirt of soap and some Lemi Shine(conditioner) and fill with water. Two or three hours and brass looks better than new. Primer pockets and flash holes perfectly clean. I havent used corn or shells since, he lets me borrow the setup. The grossest, nastiest, grungiest brass comes our perfect. I know what your thinking. I was very skeptical too. If I can figure out how to post some pictures I can do some before and afters if there is any intrest.

I switched to stainless wet tumbling and havent looked back! They come out like new, inside and out, including primer pockets.

www.seattleguns.net

Careful man, there's a beverage here!