Thread: New to the Group

Junior Shooter

New to the Group

Hello everyone

Names Jeff I am planning on getting into reloading for my latest addition a .300Wby. I plan to start reloading for the rifle come the middle/end of July for an upcoming mule deer & antelope hunt first week of October. I currently shotshell reload, but this will be my first adventure into rifle cartridge reloading. I recently picked up a RCBS Rock Chucker Supreme Master Kit which included:
    • Rock Chucker Supreme Press
    • M500 Mechanical Scale
    • Uniflow™ Powder Measure
    • Hand Priming Tool
    • Universal Case Load Block
    • .17-.60 Debur Tool
    • Hex Key Set
    • Case Lube Kit
    • Powder Funnel
    • Nosler #7 Reloading Manual

Any recommendations on who makes the best book? The nosler book only seems to include nosler bullets, go figure. I want to use my barnes tsx 180 grains.

I was wondering what else I'll be needing to get started for cooking up some precision rounds as well as any suggestions to models/brands of each equipment recommended. Thank you guys in advanced and I look forward to learning a ton here!

Jeff "The Jerkman"

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Hi Jeff,
    Welcome to the site.

Looks like a got a nice start to your reloading equipment, far as adding equipment, it kinda comes down to your preferences.
    One item I purchased and really like is the rcbs charge master, its a bit of a purchase, but works very well and produces accurate charges and saves time.
    Another thing I like is the Cabelas liquid case lube, toss your brass in a container, spritz a few times while shaking around, wait a couple minutes and go to work. Its slick and it goes a long ways.

Far as books go, I feel your pain, they tend to be proprietary to the bullet or powder company. My favorite book is the Richard Lee book. They arent specific to any brand of bullet or powder and the data is true, not severely neutered down like almost all the other books out there. They're starting loads are usually the max loads in all the other books. I still like having a couple books on hand to reference now and then though.

Norm

www.seattleguns.net

Careful man, there's a beverage here!