Thread: Hi all.

Junior Shooter

Hi all.

New here just searched reloading in tapatalk and this popped up. Looks like a newish site. I have reload .243 imp, 7x57 imp, 300 win mag, 357 max, 270 win, 25-06, 30-06, 284 win,22 hornet, 40 s&w, 380, 9mm, mayb some others I forgot. I still load most of those but some have been sold. I'll add what I can to the forum. Also I am from Missouri. Where are most or you guys from?

Thanks Brad

Hi Brad,

Welcome to the site.

The site is fairly new, but slowly growing and coming along.

You got some nice caliber's there, I especially like the improved rounds. I am currently having a 260 improved 30 degree shoulder being built, cant wait til its done and I get to take it out and see how it performs.

I am from Washington State.

Norm

www.seattleguns.net

Careful man, there's a beverage here!

Junior Shooter
    Why 30deg over 40?

Main reason I went 30 over 40 was brass prep. Much easier to fireform the brass, no chance of dealing with any "doughnuts" and no need for any inside neck turning.
    Basically just load up your favorite 260 brass or factory ammo, fire it through the rifle and your done.

The round was developed by Robert Whitley, been wild catting for years and is a writer for Berger.
    I was originally going to do a 6.5 SLR, also a Whitley round, but there was a doughnut issue when using Lapua Brass due to thickness. If you can get find bulk Remington head stamp 260 brass, its pretty simple to form and no doughnut issues as well. Rem brass is hard to find and typically only released once a year on a seasonal run. Here is the link to the 260 imp 30.
    http://6mmar.com/260_Imp_30_.php

www.seattleguns.net

Junior Shooter
    Interesting round. Do you have 260 brass?

I was able to pick up 100 Nosler brass and got those loaded up and I ordered another 200 Lapua brass, once I found some available, so in good shape for now.

Not sure if you have ever used Nosler brass, but one thing to know about it, is the primer pockets. I do all the usual stuff, debur the flasholes, uniform the primer pockets and what not. The Nosler brass, even after uniforming the pockets, will not accept Federal primers. Its like seating a primer into a piece of milsurp brass, that hasnt been swaged yet. They do take CCI primers no problem. They also cost much more than Lapua brass! lol

I hope the round turns out to be a shooter. I currently shoot a 6.5x47 Lapua, but wont be getting rid of it anytime soon, until I get a chance to see what this round does first. The 6.5L is a sweet shooter!

www.seattleguns.net

Junior Shooter
    Yeah not big on Nosler brass. I use Winchester and Lapua. I use Hornady with my 300 win mag but that's because that was all I could find.

When I was shooting 308 a lot, I had a batch of Hornady Match brass, it shot fantastic.
    I only had about 40 pieces, so ended up switching to strictly Lakecity, but I wouldn't have minded having more of that.

Now days, you pretty much shoot whatever you can get your hands on, and then scour the net often to find what you want.

www.seattleguns.net