Thread: Electronic powder dispensers

Electronic powder dispensers

I posted a thread awhile back about these, bought a rcbs and really happy with the purchase.

At the time, there was only a couple choices, rcbs, lyman and I believer the other was pact, but not certain.

Now hornady has one and a few other companies are making them.

My question is, has anyone tried the others and whats your thoughts?

My dad is considering one, but the cost is a lot, especially when on a fixed income.

I noticed natchez has the hornady for 199.99, if its decent, I bet he would pull the trigger vs $300 for the rcbs.

www.seattleguns.net

Careful man, there's a beverage here!

Junior Shooter
    FYI. I just ordered an RCBS Powdermaster 1500 from Sinclairs. They are selling for $310. There is a $50 rebate from RCBS and a $20 Sinclair credit for purchases over $200. With shipping ...$20....the net price after rebate is $259. Too good for me to pass up.

Quote Originally Posted by BKNewcastle View Post
    FYI. I just ordered an RCBS Powdermaster 1500 from Sinclairs. They are selling for $310. There is a $50 rebate from RCBS and a $20 Sinclair credit for purchases over $200. With shipping ...$20....the net price after rebate is $259. Too good for me to pass up.
    That is a great buy!
    Just be sure to swing by McDonalds and pick up a straw for the tube, it really helps, when using large stick powders.

www.seattleguns.net

Careful man, there's a beverage here!

My ChargeMaster is one of the first out and appears to have a smaller diameter metering tube and straws don't fit. Then again, I have never needed one. Completely happy with my CM, so have never really looked at anything else.
    At the time, I had the old RCBS unit made by PACT, with the scale separate from the dispenser and communication by IR beam. Never liked it and then it was damaged during a move to new house.
    Loved the fact that the CM didn't need to go through a calibration sequence, but learned as it metered the powder for the first time.
    Mine only occasionally over-shoots by 0.1gn and, if I feel picky, I just touch the powder and lift up a kernel or two and get the "right" weight. Also shows how insignificant 0.1gn is.
    I didn't really consider the Lyman back then as it was known to be difficult to clean out.
    Then again, I once forgot to close the dump cover.