Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which powder for 9mm - cast

Junior Shooter

Which powder for 9mm - cast

I have some 9mm - 125gr (.356") round nose bevel base from Shooter's Cast Bullets. What's a good powder to use to reduce leading?
    I've got Unique, Bullseye, 231, Clays, Titegroup, & HS-6 to choose from. Of the powders listed above which would be the best to use?

The only one of those I have tried is the 231, used it with cast 45acp and moly coated cast 9mm, no lead fouling with either rounds.
    The 45 is run through a Springfield loaded 1911 and the moly cast through an M&P smith.
    All barrels are different, my cousin shot the same 45 load in his smith 1911 and it fouled horribly.
    Wish I could help more.

www.seattleguns.net

Careful man, there's a beverage here!

Junior Shooter
    Thanks, I loaded .38 spec cast for decades but this is my first attempt with semi-autos.

I love shooting cast bullets, it's kinda fun in an old school way and cheap to shoot.
    They can also be quite accurate!

www.seattleguns.net

Junior Shooter
    I use Power Pistol. In my 9s and 380s. Works well. When I clean I'm not seeing a lot of fouling in either guns. Using JHP. Cast or plated bullets.

Junior Shooter
    On another note, I am starting to reload for my Colt Goverment Lite 380. I have stock springs in it now. Just purchased Wolf 12 and 13lb springs. Anyone have good or bad experence with these spring? what would be top load for this gun.Steel slide, aluminum frame

I have never played around with one of the .380 "1911's", but sure would like to get one someday, nice pocket alternative to the J-frame.

www.seattleguns.net

Junior Shooter
    I bought this gun used a year ago. Love it. Looks like a small 1911, take down is 1911. Shoots very well. Had chance to buy all steel, but chose Lite model. Glad I did. Have worn it IWB in a REMORA holster all day, very comfortable. Have also carried in front pocket in same holster, did not print at all. Just want to up out put a little.

Junior Shooter
    So I was looking in my Hornady manual for 380 data. They suggest W231 as the best for 90 to 100 grain 380s. I have been using Power Pistol with good results. Any thoughts out there?
    On another subject, I pick up some Berths hollow base bullets, 100 grain. Have never used hollow base bullets before.Any advantage? Over solid base bullets?

Junior Shooter
    ThAt would be Berths bullets