Thread: Single stage vs turret presses for accuracy

Single stage vs turret presses for accuracy

Has anyone noticed a distinguishable difference between the two, in terms of accuracy, in a bolt rifle?

I currently use a turret press, I like how I can set all my dies and have them always available to use, without having to remove them.
    I have loaded in the past on single stage, of course I didnt know as much back then as I do now, so cant say if one was more accurate than the other or not.

www.seattleguns.net

Careful man, there's a beverage here!

I can't speak personally, but from what I hear most precision guys use a single stage (ie. RCBS rock chucker) to load precision rifle ammo. The flex in the top of the turret press can leave you with OAL's that vary. No flex in a single stage. Huge PITA to load on a single though. I use a Lee turret.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinus211 View Post
    I can't speak personally, but from what I hear most precision guys use a single stage (ie. RCBS rock chucker) to load precision rifle ammo. The flex in the top of the turret press can leave you with OAL's that vary. No flex in a single stage. Huge PITA to load on a single though. I use a Lee turret.
    The flex in the turret plate is what has always made me wonder. I have a stoney pt COL guage that measures off the ogive, maybe I should measure a batch of the turret and a batch off the same load off a rcbs, I have access to one. Would be awesome if the turret is right in there with a single stage. Especially the Lee, since this is what I use also.

www.seattleguns.net

I bet if I went measured several Lee rounds right now off the ogive, they would be pretty consistent, I could be wrong but Lee stuff always surprises me.... In a good way!

www.seattleguns.net

btt

www.seattleguns.net