Thread: Alliant reloder 17

Alliant reloder 17

Anyone have any experience with this powder?

I bought 3 pounds to try in my 260 improved 30 degree, speeds look really good, but concerned how it does in warm temps.
    It's known for producing good speeds, but that can sometimes, also produce too much pressures on warm days.

Just wondering if any has had any issues using it on warm days.

www.seattleguns.net

Careful man, there's a beverage here!

bump

www.seattleguns.net

www.seattleguns.net

Junior Shooter
    1911, did you have any luck with R17 in your 260 Improved? I have gone through a couple pounds in my 260 Remmy, and haven't found much temperature sensitivity. I bought it because it was all I could find, but was surprised by the consistency. I'm still looking for some H430 to compare it to though. I'm curious what you thought.

Last edited by moonbeacon; 02-11-2016 at 10:55 PM.

I havent had a chance to try any yet, but will be trying some soon, as my rifle took quite a bit longer than expected to get built.

I broke it in last weekend, all I had was 100rds of rem 260, loaded with 41.7gr of I-4831 and a 140 hornady match. I loaded these to fireform and they shot quite well!
    My cousin shot one 3 shot group at 100yds and it one holed them. I need to start load development with the fireformed brass and still have 200 pieces of 260 brass to fireform. I will probably use some 17 for that and try some out in the fireformed brass as well.
    I have H-4350 to try as well.
    I will do a report as soon as I have info. I know there isnt much 260 imp 30 data on the net and I have searched high and low.

www.seattleguns.net

Junior Shooter
    This is a little old, but I LOVE Reloder 17. it's just rock solid in things like the 260s. It's not too terribly temp sensitive compared to any other powder really. it's like 4350 but can make more velocity at the same pressure, so it gives you more lattitude for faster loads.