Thread: Pierced Primers *Wolf*

Pierced Primers *Wolf*

I have heard of pierced primers, but have never experienced it, until today.

I have been running a real nice accurate load using CCI 450 primers and havent had any pressure issues, with the exception of cratering, which is non avoidable with the 6.5L unless you have the bolt bushed to tighten the firing pin tolerances. I have read a lot of guys really like using the Wolf primers due to the increased accuracy, so decided to give them a try. I have to say my groups tightened up a bit with the same load, but 2 out of 10 rounds pierced the primer, so they are obviously quite soft.
    Now I really want to try some Br-2 primers!

I have posted a pic, the left one is the pierced primer, middle is the same brand and the right is the cci 450. I dont necessarily have an issue with a pierced primer, but did notice the pierced primer shots, were flyers. Not horrible flyers, but flyers none the less.

www.seattleguns.net

Careful man, there's a beverage here!

i think you want Br-4 primers if its a small rifle primer. im not a 6.5 reloader so i could be wrong. if they are small rifle primers, have you tried cci 41. they are magnum filled per cci and have a thicker face to stop srike problems in AR rifles.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion rider View Post
    i think you want Br-4 primers if its a small rifle primer. im not a 6.5 reloader so i could be wrong. if they are small rifle primers, have you tried cci 41. they are magnum filled per cci and have a thicker face to stop srike problems in AR rifles.
    Yes your correct Br-4 primers, I am so use to using lg rifle, I keep thinking Br-2. I havent tried the cci 41 primers, but have heard of some guys using them. I have been using the cci small rifle mag primers and havent had any issues with them.

www.seattleguns.net

Careful man, there's a beverage here!