Thread: Berger VLD Target Bullets Vs VLD Hunting Bullets

Berger VLD Target Bullets Vs VLD Hunting Bullets

This is just a heads up thread. Supposedly the only difference is the thickness of the jacket, the target bullets have a thicker jacket vs the the thinner jacket hunting bullets.
    The weight and the BC's are the same. I also saw a video of guy doing a segment on the 2 bullets on Berger's behalf and he said the dimensions are the same.

This is incorrect!

The base to ogive is approx .085 longer on the hunting bullet. This is with the 6.5mm-130gr bullets.
    I ran out of target bullets, opened a box of the hunters and decided I had better give these a measurement and glad I did.
    I dont know if there is any advantage to one bullet over the other, as far as accuracy is concerned, but I did email Berger and asked.
    They will probably answer, by telling me to go with whatever one shoots the best out of my rifle..lol

If they send me any good info, I will post it here.

www.seattleguns.net

Careful man, there's a beverage here!

Update,

I think they misread my question, but did reply to another question I had.......

You have the hybrid 140gr 6.5mm bullet, when is the 130gr hybrid coming out??

Here is the response to my question....

We recently released a new 130 grain Hybrid design bullet that is so new that it is still not showing in any of our information at our website. It is in limited production and our current VLD load data has been working very well with it. It is designed so that it will even work with any of the AR platform rifles and can be used for Match and Hunting needs. Please do not hesitate to get back with any of us with the Berger Tech. Team if we can be of further assistance for you.
    I cant wait to get my hands on some of these!

www.seattleguns.net

Careful man, there's a beverage here!