Thread: Anyone having problems seating primers in Nosler rifle brass?

Anyone having problems seating primers in Nosler rifle brass?

I bought a box and followed up their prep, buying uniforming the primer pockets and glad I did!

I wanted to use Federal 210's, but it isnt happening, at all. They felt like trying to seat a primer into a unswaged mil crimped primer pocket. I am using a hand priming tool btw.

I finally got one seated, but had to work at it and the next one that I could actually get started, was not ever going to go more than half way in.

I popped the 2 I had just done, grabbed a box of CCI's and tried it again. This time I had to "wiggle" the brass a lil to get them started, but seated fine after that, although a lil snug yet.

I am thinking about loading them up good and hot the first firing and maybe loosen those pockets up a bit!

www.seattleguns.net

Careful man, there's a beverage here!

Marksman
    Looks like Nosler brass might just be a bit on the tight side. Glad I stocked up on Lapua!

Was it too much to ream?

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Beauregard View Post
    Looks like Nosler brass might just be a bit on the tight side. Glad I stocked up on Lapua!

Was it too much to ream?
    They were easy to ream, but I was a lil surprised by how much material needed to be removed, reminded me of winchester brass in that dept..lol

www.seattleguns.net

Careful man, there's a beverage here!