Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hi-Cap .308 rifles

Quote Originally Posted by handcaster View Post
    Yeah, looks suitable for anti-aircraft. Drones?
    Shhh! I hear the gov frowns upon civilian owned AA weaponry.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinus211 View Post
    Shhh! I hear the gov frowns upon civilian owned AA weaponry.
    I hear ghost ring sites on a shotgun and some good turkey loads work well on drones.

Expert marksman
    If you want to reload Id go with an m1a or an AR-10 variant. Skip the PTRs Cetmes and hks they are very notorious for destroying brass plus they have fluted chambers. In the Tactical long range shooting ive yet to see and M1A but ive seen many of AR platforms. Not sure why just something that ive noticed.

Quote Originally Posted by steveptr View Post
    If you want to reload Id go with an m1a or an AR-10 variant. Skip the PTRs Cetmes and hks they are very notorious for destroying brass plus they have fluted chambers. In the Tactical long range shooting ive yet to see and M1A but ive seen many of AR platforms. Not sure why just something that ive noticed.
    +1 on this. HK style fluted chambers really destroy brass. That's why I've decided to stick with steel case for my ptr.

M1a's might not be the best lr competition rifle, but for some long range plinking they can be adapted well. Not to mention they're just plain good looking!

Marksman
    M1a's might not be the best lr competition rifle, but for some long range plinking they can be adapted well. Not to mention they're just plain good looking!
    +1 on this. The M1A with wood furniture makes my pants tight....

Went with the M1A, got the optics on and ready to go shooting this weekend.

Went and de-virginized the M1A today. I have to say, it is hands down, the funnest rifle I have ever shot. We put 120 rounds through it, killed rocks, paper, steel gong, a coconut and not one hiccup all day. Yes I said coconut, found one laying on the road setting up targets and had to dispatch it of course. I would like to shoot more of those, they blow up pretty good!

I cant wait til the next time out with it.

You already have an atlas?

Took me two years to pony up for one of those! Nice looking rifle there brother

You already have an atlas?

Took me two years to pony up for one of those! Nice looking rifle there brother
    It was xmas time and I was in the giving spirit, so gave myself one for xmas...

They are one sweet and stout bipod, I understand the value now and glad I got one. Now I need bottom rail on the Howa.

Marksman
    The FN FNAR is a good high cap 308 as well. Gauranteed 1 MOA out of box with 168 gr bullets (the heavy fluted barrel model).