Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: What did you do in your reloading room today?

Got the stock all done and it came out pretty nice, wish now I had skipped the walnut stain, little darker than I wanted.
    Lesson learned for next time.

Today I got home and swapped out my x mark pro trigger, on my 308, for a Timney I picked up on sgn. Got it set at 26oz, had it down to 16 and was having sear drops, so kept creeping it up til it stopped completely and then gave it another 1/8 turn just to be on the safe side.

www.seattleguns.net

Careful man, there's a beverage here!

I opened up a box of East bloc AK mags today to discover they are all gooey with cosmoline, yay!

Know what I will be doing soon.

www.seattleguns.net

Spent the last couple days cleaning surplus AK mags and dealing with cosmoline, got those all done and just set up the chargemaster, might prime a lil brass tonight too.

www.seattleguns.net

I finally took the plunge and got a loading setup started!!! (Yes, I understand the irony of being a moderator on a reloading forum with no reloading gear)

Bought a Lee Turret press. Went to Cabelas and picked up the RCBS Rock Chucker Supreme master reloading kit. ($304.99 w/ a $50 mail in rebate) With tax it was $330 - $50 rebate -$100 I sold the rock chucker press for I'm into the peripherals for $180 and here's what I got:

http://www.cabelas.com/product/RCBS-...A&gclsrc=aw.ds

I also picked up some digital calipers, a stand for the Uniflow, a 9mm and a .308 die set.

Still need:

-Shell plates for 9mm, 45acp, .223 and .308 (which #'s do I need, or should I just buy a complete set?)
    -Factory crimp dies for .308, 9mm and .223
    -Lee 4-hole turrets
    -Die sets for .223 and .45acp

After I pick up these remaining parts I should be up and running! I will post some pics of my reloading setup and first attempts at making my own ammo. (hopefully nothing catastrophic) If you guys see a screaming deal on any of those items I still need, or if I'm missing something obvious that I'll need please let me know!

Loving the chargemaster! I have done several sets of test rounds with new powder (I-4895) and some 168 amax bullets. I had some pretty decent results with 168 SMK's with this powder, so decided to try some amax, by all means should be decent also or one would assume.

www.seattleguns.net

Tumbled a batch of brass, loaded 50rds of 308 and primed up another 100 brass.

www.seattleguns.net

Marksman
    Loaded up a bunch of ladder test loads in 308 this weekend. Refined Varget and Xbr ladder tests, and a new batch with 2520. These were with 168 and 175 smk. Also loaded a new ladder test with varget and sierra palma 155's. I'm excited to see how these work out.

Quote Originally Posted by Duke EB View Post
    Loaded up a bunch of ladder test loads in 308 this weekend. Refined Varget and Xbr ladder tests, and a new batch with 2520. These were with 168 and 175 smk. Also loaded a new ladder test with varget and sierra palma 155's. I'm excited to see how these work out.
    Report on the 155's, curious about those too. I have been shooting 175's and 178's lately and really liking those, or I should say, my rifle really likes those.

www.seattleguns.net

nothing..too damn hot for me..

Did clean some brass i shot up this weekend. i always pre clean i guess before i run it in the tumbler. I soak the brass in some lemishine and damn and let it sit for a hour or so and every once in a while mix it with a old paintbrush..

...And Yes..i do want a wet tumbler setup....lol..

Expert marksman
    Yesterday I reprogamed my RCBS chargemaster and today I loaded 100 rounds of precision 6.5 creed more all holding in the same .1 chargeweight in 1.5 hours.