Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: What did you do in your reloading room today?

Made up a total of 400 55gr hornady loads with AA2230 and h335 using 1X fired LC brass and CCI 450 mag primers, both produced great results and the AA was slightly better.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Jason Hollinger 4 hours ago.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	98.1 KB 
ID:	58

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Jason Hollinger 4 hours ago.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	94.2 KB 
ID:	59

Last couple days.

Primed few hundred 9mm and 45 acp cases using the trusty Lee hand primer

Loaded up 250 rounds of 45/230/bullseye and wsf loads for testing

Then loaded up 250 plinking 9mm. 115gr xtreme/bullseye load..

Next will be some 77gr tac and varget testers and some more 55gr plinking rounds.All the pistol stuff on my old mans lee turret and single stage for the rifle..Dont have the full setup at my house so i do my stuff over there.

Them 400rds of 223 are purty!

I sorted a lil brass and getting ready to work on another set of test loads. Pretty much got the Varget 308 load down, just need to work on the I4895 load, but getting closer with it after the last trip. All my I4064 powder is gonna be fed through the M1A, it isnt picky and the Remmy doesnt seem to like it much.

www.seattleguns.net

Careful man, there's a beverage here!

Thought about finally investing in a loading setup. Bought a gun instead. Damnit, I blame bronco!

Quote Originally Posted by Sinus211 View Post
    Thought about finally investing in a loading setup. Bought a gun instead. Damnit, I blame bronco!

Haha...

Quote Originally Posted by Sinus211 View Post
    Bronco is easy to blame...lol

I understand your thinking though, hard to spend a gun on equipment, when you can buy a gun!
    I went through that for a year or two when it came to buying a safe, finally did it and glad I did, now back to buying guns..lol

www.seattleguns.net

Didnt do anything today, but did strip the finish off a rifle stock and got the first sanding out of the way. Just need to go over it a few more times with finer grit and will be ready for the new finish.

Stock was pretty new, but had a crappy poly finish on it, every lil ding resulted in chipped and cracking finish. I hate that shit, so stripped it and going with the good ole Tru-Oil finish!

www.seattleguns.net

Just redid a sks stock and used tru-oil. That stuff worked great.

I also did nothing in the reloading section, but painted up a kryptec looking pattern on my savage mark 2 fv-sr stock, just bored and plan on getting another, better stock for it down the road

Did a full workup on some 45 acp home cast 225 grain round nose Lyman bullets. Using win 231 started at 4.0 grains and worked up to 5.8 grains. 5 seperate loads. Hope the SR1911 likes something. Hotter than Goobs hatband in the garage/reloading room, should have done this a month ago.

Quote Originally Posted by J-Rod View Post
    Did a full workup on some 45 acp home cast 225 grain round nose Lyman bullets. Using win 231 started at 4.0 grains and worked up to 5.8 grains. 5 seperate loads. Hope the SR1911 likes something. Hotter than Goobs hatband in the garage/reloading room, should have done this a month ago.
    Should be something good in there. I really like 231 with the 1911. May all time fav load is 5.0gr with a 200gr cast bullet. Low recoil, brass lands by your feet, cycles with stock springs and is accurate.

I put the last coat of tru-oil on my stock, gonna let is sit for a week and hit with the sheen/conditioner for a satin look. Too shiny right now for a hunting rifle.

www.seattleguns.net