Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 106

Thread: What did you do in your reloading room today?

  1. #21
    Administrator 1911's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    699
    I stopped and checked out Wes's new set up today, left with an extra .308 seat die, so when I got home I set up a second turret dedicated to just the M1A. Now I can switch back and forth easily between my bolt action reloading and the M1A.


  2. #22
    Sharp Shooter J-Rod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Yakima, WA
    Posts
    140
    Handcaster I missed you latest post, sorry. I'll check it out, Thanks. Yeah I really don't have the room for a SuperSwage permanent mount so a clamp on might be the way to go. As far a what I did... Sized, trimmed and debured 300 rounds of new Starline 357 Magnum brass after work. Man do I really dislike trimming....


  3. #23
    Administrator 1911's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    699
    Quote Originally Posted by J-Rod View Post
    Handcaster I missed you latest post, sorry. I'll check it out, Thanks. Yeah I really don't have the room for a SuperSwage permanent mount so a clamp on might be the way to go. As far a what I did... Sized, trimmed and debured 300 rounds of new Starline 357 Magnum brass after work. Man do I really dislike trimming....
    Trimming by hand always sucks, not sure what I hate more, trimming and deburring or uniforming primer pockets.


  4. #24
    Super Moderator handcaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Kirkland, WA
    Posts
    79
    Setting up dedicated equipment for individual rifles is a sign of illness. I have that disease, too. :)
    One of the members on the other site has THREE Dillon 550's set up on one bench. Another that I know of
    had two last year... maybe three by now - he's a Dillon dealer.

    Wes's equipment gets so much wear we have to order expander balls for the resizer dies in bulk. RCBS usually just
    sends you what you ask for when you call - I called Wednesday and said, "Hey, we're using this stuff commercially so I need
    to BUY 30each, .308 caliber expander balls and about 5 stems - don't need any bushings. The RCBS rep had to calculate what it
    costs for them to make the stuff because they don't have a price list for die body parts. They were so cheap I think he just charged
    me at his cost.
    Can you imagine how many brass cases it takes to wear out a SS expander ball?

    At home this weekend, I sized and swaged, then liquid tumbled about 750 .30-06 cases. Monday I will start on about 5000 more.


  5. #25
    Administrator 1911's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    699
    Setting up dedicated equipment for individual rifles is a sign of illness. I have that disease, too. :)
    That is a good disease to have...lmao!

    Friday I saw THREE 1050's....on one bench and chatter of THREE more along a bench on another wall! I would love to see that!

    I am happy to see the progress!


  6. #26
    Expert marksman mustangfreek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    79
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911 View Post
    Trimming by hand always sucks, not sure what I hate more, trimming and deburring or uniforming primer pockets.
    It all sux when doing it by hand..lol


    Quote Originally Posted by handcaster View Post
    Time well spent on an enjoyable skill set, earning those callouses.
    Indeed, then hand primed about half of them yesterday...weeeee


  7. #27
    Junior Shooter GumEBare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Snoho Co
    Posts
    2
    Cleaned the cosmoline off a mosin, reload room, gun room, garage... Same thing. Ruined all of my cleaning supplies


  8. #28
    Administrator 1911's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    699
    Quote Originally Posted by GumEBare View Post
    Cleaned the cosmoline off a mosin, reload room, gun room, garage... Same thing. Ruined all of my cleaning supplies
    I could spend days cleaning cosmoline off your avatar....

    I went to Cabela's today and picked up one of their R700 scoped synthetic specials in .308, so got it home and tore the stock off and adjusted the trigger to a manageable weight and put back together and played with the chinese no marking scope it came with..lol My plan is to tear it down and build a custom "classic" hunting rifle. Walnut stock, black ebony tip and reasonable sized hunting scope. I will take pics as I go. I searched high and low for a quality walnut 308 and everything is north of a grand, so decided to do my own and save some $$$.


  9. #29
    Super Moderator handcaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Kirkland, WA
    Posts
    79
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911 View Post
    I could spend days cleaning cosmoline off your avatar....

    I went to Cabela's today and picked up one of their R700 scoped synthetic specials in .308, so got it home and tore the stock off and adjusted the trigger to a manageable weight and put back together and played with the chinese no marking scope it came with..lol My plan is to tear it down and build a custom "classic" hunting rifle. Walnut stock, black ebony tip and reasonable sized hunting scope. I will take pics as I go. I searched high and low for a quality walnut 308 and everything is north of a grand, so decided to do my own and save some $$$.
    droolz

    Gonna strip the flat metal finish and go with classic blued?


  10. #30
    Administrator 1911's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    699
    Quote Originally Posted by handcaster View Post
    droolz

    Gonna strip the flat metal finish and go with classic blued?
    I dont have the patience or the stones to attempt that. I wonder if Casey would be interested in attempting that.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •