Thread: Need a universal decapping die.. Recommendations?

Need a universal decapping die.. Recommendations?

I have never played with one of these, so dont know much about them, so here comes the post.

Any recommendation on brand or any advice that could be useful?

This will also be for short action brass, if that makes any difference or not.

www.seattleguns.net

Careful man, there's a beverage here!

Lee universal decaping die is what I now use. I broke LOTs of decapping pins on both of the RCBS decaping dies. Ran through alot of military crimped brass too.When you do something wrong the decaping assembly will "release" and move up. RCBS just breaks.Lee die works very good and very reasonably priced.

Quote Originally Posted by J-Rod View Post
    Lee universal decaping die is what I now use. I broke LOTs of decapping pins on both of the RCBS decaping dies. Ran through alot of military crimped brass too.When you do something wrong the decaping assembly will "release" and move up. RCBS just breaks.Lee die works very good and very reasonably priced.
    Does the Lee decapper have the small diameter pin? I will be using this on my 6.5 Lapua and it has the small diameter flash holes.

www.seattleguns.net

Pin measures .060 inch. I can drop it in the mail if you want to check it out. Too freaking hot to do anything here but drink!

Quote Originally Posted by J-Rod View Post
    Pin measures .060 inch. I can drop it in the mail if you want to check it out. Too freaking hot to do anything here but drink!

I measured the pin in my neck sizer and it's .060, so that would work fine, I will put one in my wishlist on midway for my next order. The Lee stuff is priced right too!

www.seattleguns.net

The Lee decapper was slightly too large for the 6.5x47 lapua, so I ended up going with the the Sinclair unit, works like a champ.

www.seattleguns.net