Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AK-47 Mags

AK-47 Mags

I am looking for the best mags for the buck, looking for the the cheapest most reliable mag out there, what are you running and where to get them???

www.seattleguns.net

Careful man, there's a beverage here!

I had a mak 90 for years and sold it off a year or two and just recently got back into the ak/sks world, as i picked up one of them also.

But i have bought half a dozen steel mags from sportsmans guide and they have all but one, been new and yugo bolt hold open mags.

Plus theres always codes floating around for them. other then that picked up a few magpul mags, and they have been good so far, but will hold off buying anymore till there steel feed lip version comes out.

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/cb.aspx?a=1672884

Stay away from the cheap korean mags...junk..

Last edited by mustangfreek; 06-03-2014 at 12:51 AM.

I picked up a couple of 30rd Tapco's today at Cabela's, needed something now and that's what they had. They had some Magpuls, but havent heard a peep about them, so went with the Tapco's.

I hope they work fine, if not, I only bought 3 of them.

www.seattleguns.net

I miss my AK pretty badly! Sold it to build my AR, oh the regret. I've never used any of the plastic stuff. Never had a problem with any of the mil-surplus metal magazines. The Yugo with the bolt hold open never really made sense to me. Once you pull the mag the bolt slams shut. I had half a dozen metal mags of various country origin and they all worked for me. You reloading for the 7.62*39 or are you buying Russian stuff? I alway wanted to do some handloads to see if the old AK would tighten up.

You reloading for the 7.62*39 or are you buying Russian stuff?
    I am just gonna run russian milsurp. For less than $210.00 per 1k, you cant beat that for pit shooting or shtf scenario's.
    I cant wait to get out and run some mags through this weekend.

www.seattleguns.net

Oh and I just picked up 3 Tapco mags to get me by til I can get some other mags.

www.seattleguns.net

What kind of AK you shooting? Had a Maadi Egyptian P.O.S, it shot very good. Then got a Yugo underfolder, wasn't happy with the underfolder. Looked cool as heck though.

I picked up an Arsenal 107fr nib from a member off sgn. I have never shot one and been toying with the idea of getting one now for about a year now and finally just did it.

Gonna pick it up on friday and shoot it on saturday!

www.seattleguns.net

Got out and shot the AK today and my review on the Tapco Intrafuse mags goes as this....They suck, atleast in my rifle they suck.

All 3 mags failed to feed on rd 24 of the 30 rd mag and was useless trying to fire any rounds after that. Either my rifle isnt happy with these mags or they have a spring pressure issue, since they ran perfect until the 24th rd.
    The factory ten rd mag worked flawless, except kept running out too damn soon! lol

www.seattleguns.net

Cool on the arsenal..Im in that same boat want one but....

Ya get some metal surplus mags and stock up when deals come up..