Thread: Anyone use a RCBS lube die?

Anyone use a RCBS lube die?

Will soon be doing some bulk .223 ammo 1500 or so. I have a RCBS full length small base for sizing. This will be done on my progressive. Cases are already decaped and cleaned. Was contemplating the RCBS lube die in station 1. Then the small base die in station 2. Then run through some dry corn cob to remove lube.Next would be trim and etc. Then during reloading I can run the universal decaper in station 1 to insure cob removal. I have yet to purchase lube die or trimmer for this run. I would like some input from others doing high volume stuff. I have no desire for high precision stuff just bulk fodder. I can do small batch precision stuff later. Thanks for any input

I havent played with a lube die before, so I dont have any input on one of those, but not sure if needed on a progressive.
    Pick up a bottle of Dillon lube or Cabela's lube. It comes in a spray pump, dump your brass (100-200 pieces) in a collander or any tray, give a couple squirts, shake them around, give a couple more squirts and let dry for 60 seconds and ready to go. This stuff works great. It is alcohol based and leaves minimal clean up if any at all.
    This stuff works so well, I wouldnt hesitate to dump my brass in a case feeder and start cranking out ammo on a progressive set up.

www.seattleguns.net

Careful man, there's a beverage here!

Thats my main concern is getting my case feeder stuff all greasy and glopy. I've heard that Hornady one shot doesn't cut it on rifle stuff. With the RCBS lube die you would definately have to clean the cases after. That doesn't bother me too much but if that step could be eliminated that would be cool too.

The Hornady one shot takes a shit ton to properly lube rifle brass and leaves a nasty film. The alcohol based products use either wax or lanolin, after the alcohol evaporates off, the brass is slick and has very little film on it. I know someone who runs 5k+ per day through his Dillon's using this method and no issues with his case feeders.

www.seattleguns.net

Careful man, there's a beverage here!