Thread: Loading Plated bullet

Marksman

Loading Plated bullet

I ran across a good deal on some plated 147gr bullets for 9mm but I could not find any loading data for them. My books are old and I didn`t see anythin on plated bullets from the accurate page. Can you load Plated to the same as Jacketed or not? does anyone have a link to data for reloading different weight plated 9mm and 357 I use mainly AA#2 and AA#7

The accurate powder website has plated reloading data for the 9mm for both powders. I am not sure about the 357, but I think they do, if not use the cast data and you will be fine.

www.seattleguns.net

Careful man, there's a beverage here!

Marksman
    on the load data I saw the only thing I noticed only PLF Plated Lead Free under the abbreviation. maybe I am looking in the wrong area

They changed the format, but all the cast bullets have an (L) by them and the Plated have a (P) by them. It is now listed by caliber, than powder. Use to be caliber and then type of bullet.

www.seattleguns.net

Marksman
    AHH think I found it under updated data. it list rainer plated and I am thinking of getting rainier. I take it they should have the same powder charge as extreme.

Quote Originally Posted by Upriver View Post
    AHH think I found it under updated data. it list rainer plated and I am thinking of getting rainier. I take it they should have the same powder charge as extreme.
    They are all pretty much the same, but shape of the bullet and seat depth can be different, so approach max loads with caution.

www.seattleguns.net

Some of the odd shape bullets you won'd find any load data as far as OAL. Find something close in shape in a loading manual and wing it carefully. I got frustrated with some 9mm Berrys hollow points and gave up. Make you a good deal on em!