Thread: Went shooting today..all was good until my front..

Went shooting today..all was good until my front..

..Site off my SR1911 broke off, mid mag...Damn!! About 8 months ago had to send in the first one for rust problems on the frame under grips and screw holes, i mean bad for a few months old gun, also had a really loose slide to frame fit..So they replace it..Now the fricking MIM ruger site just breaks off ...and i have read about alot of them doing this.

I asked if they would comp me the fiber optic site or if not give me a reduced price , still havent heard back...

Damn thing only had maybe 300 rounds on it. From after the complete new gun they gave me.

Ugghhh...So it went back to ruger and they say a 5-7 day turn around, which in my experiences with other major companies, ruger has been on the ball compared to others..

So my test session got cut short....

Last edited by mustangfreek; 05-11-2014 at 11:29 PM.

That sucks! I have been considering getting the commander model for awhile now, may wait a bit to see how this plays out and do a bit more research on them.

Ruger usually makes a solid gun you can depend on.

www.seattleguns.net

Careful man, there's a beverage here!

That's really disappointing to hear. Like 1911 I've had my eye on the commander model for a while now. Really surprised to hear ruger is having qc issues.

After your experience with this sr1911 would you buy another ruger?

Well this is the only ruger firearm i have that has had to go back..and twice in under a year, and 30 0rounds on a brand new gun..

Its just cheaper stuff in the price range guns and mim parts and lower quality. You could see the void in the casting on the front site where it broke..

One thing though, they are always on top of it, quick to reply, call me and shipping label back in ten minutes both times..lol

I like the gun for the price range it has some goods, but with all the lower end parts in this, i might just slowly replace piece by piece with quality parts,...

That will be down the road..let me see if i can get one past 500 rounds before it has a problem again or not..

Seen a fully polished, shinier then shit one at cabelas with a $999.99 price tag...lol

Bummer! I have the SR1911 and I love it. Never had an issue, shoot the snot out of it. Ruger has very good customer service, hope they make it right. If you bought during the height of the boom they may have been cranking them out as fast as possible and quality control suffers.I saw the full polished one yesterday at cabelas.BLING! Yeah at a thousand bucks no way.

Marksman
    The only issue I have had with my sr1911 is an intermittent feed problem with poorly crimped rounds. Since I started using the lee factory crimp die, it's been solid.

Quote Originally Posted by Duke EB View Post
    The only issue I have had with my sr1911 is an intermittent feed problem with poorly crimped rounds. Since I started using the lee factory crimp die, it's been solid.
    Back you up on the Lee Factory Crimp die. I've purchased one for all my pistol calibers. Lets me crimp seperately on the progressive and post sizes too. I love em! Cures alot of problems.

Last edited by J-Rod; 05-13-2014 at 08:43 PM.