Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Redfield Rampage Spotting Scope 20-60X60mm

Redfield Rampage Spotting Scope 20-60X60mm

I ended up going with the Redfield Rampage spotting scope, all the reviews I read were good for the price range I was looking in, so ordered one up from Amazon.

Cost to my doorstep was $198.00 I wanted the best optic for under $200 and was able to stay in that range.

I got the scope today. Before even looking through the glass, I was impressed with the kit and what was all in it. You get the scope of course, nice sturdy table top tripod, a nice cover that allows you to use the scope without removing the cover. This is nice if your using it in the elements and need to tuck it away at a moments notice. It also came with a nice cordura bag with a strap and everything fits inside nice and neat. It also has a nice "foot" for mounting to a tripod.

I set it up and have to say, I am quite impressed with the clarity and how well you can zoom and maintain clarity, with an optic under $200. I focused in on the top of a hemlock tree at about 600yds away in 50X and the scope was clear and I could see every needle. I should have no problem seeing bullet holes at 600 yards on paper with this scope. For the shooting distances I shoot, I feel I will be quite happy with it. If I was going to be shooting 600-1000 yds on a regular basis, I would probably jump up to the $400+ range, but for 600yds and less, this scope is more than adequate.

www.seattleguns.net

Careful man, there's a beverage here!

When you get this on the range I would appreciate a good review! I too have wanted a good spotting scope but have refused to spend the coin on the good stuff. Maybe some pictures down the pipe if you can swing it.

Here is a couple of pics I took with my digital camera, looking through the scope, which was kind of a bitch to do. I focused on the back of a delivery van about 3/4 mile away from my house.
    First pic is at 30X, second at 40X and last one is 50X. I tried to get one at 60X and couldnt get the camera to cooperate with me, but was just as clear as the other powers.

www.seattleguns.net

Sorry for the lame post, too many Long Island Iced Teas last night. Pictures look pretty impressive for the price! I think Redfield makes some good stuff. Their scopes do pretty well too.

No worries Bro. I have been there..lol
    BTW the last 3 digits on the tag of that saturn is 496, nice and clear on 60X.
    I felt pretty good buying Redfield, they have always had alright stuff and Leupold bought them out a few years ago, so you know it should be pretty good and a decent warranty.

www.seattleguns.net

thats news to me on the leupold bought out redfield.

Nice looking spotting scope, should work well for what your doing.

Redfield has some "Made in USA" stuff, still. This one of them? Just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by handcaster View Post
    Redfield has some "Made in USA" stuff, still. This one of them? Just curious.
    I am not sure, maybe I should have checked before posting, but out of it today.

I do know a sgn member bought one, was playing with it and then the focus got "loose" feeling and wasnt working. he called them up, guy said the linkage may have come undone, sent out a brand new one with a return tag for the old one. He said he got it two days later and loves it so far. Made in USA or not, good customer service and warranty.

www.seattleguns.net

Got this out shooting a couple weeks ago and wanted to follow up on the review. We shot from 200yds all the way out to 900yds, had rain, sun, clouds and the scope worked great. We had no problem seeing bullet holes and impact points at all ranges. I honestly dont think you could do any better for under 4-500 bucks as what this scope does. I am really happy with it and have no regrets at all.

www.seattleguns.net

This is on the short list of "must haves" now. Thanks for the great write up and review!