Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Electronic powder dispense/measures, anyone using one and your thoughts

I finally got out and chronographed some ammo that was charged with the chargemaster. I tested 6 different loads, 5 of the 6 loads had a spread of 20fps or less, the 6th was approaching max and got a lil erratic, so the spread was slightly higher. I have to say I am impressed with how well it meters, I cant do any better, hand measuring them myself on a balance beam.
    All the loads tested were on the bone stock unit.

Today I picked up a McPukes straw and set up the straw method. This really fine tuned the trickling on the scale and over charges are almost non existent now. I loaded up 50 rds and only dropped 3 charges back in the hopper that were 1/10th of a grain over.

www.seattleguns.net

Careful man, there's a beverage here!

I finally did it! I poured powder in the hopper and I didnt close the side drain hole! D'oh!

I luckily was pouring slowly and didnt lose more than a ounces of powder. I heard this weird noise as I was pouring, thought what is that and about the same time realized what was happening...lol Damn it..lol

www.seattleguns.net

Marksman
    Lol, almost like unknowingly lighting your hair on fire and thinking "what's that smell?"

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Beauregard View Post
    Lol, almost like unknowingly lighting your hair on fire and thinking "what's that smell?"
    Exactly like that! Or hearing a broken pipe in the house, you know exactly what it is, but just doesnt register immediately..lol
    The response is always the same, once you realize the problem, OH SHIT!

www.seattleguns.net

Junior Shooter
    I cut a plastic bottle down to fit exactly under the drain spout on mine. I keep it there all the time. If I forget to close it, no problem. I also use it to catch the excess powder at the end of my pouring session.

Quote Originally Posted by doug56 View Post
    I cut a plastic bottle down to fit exactly under the drain spout on mine. I keep it there all the time. If I forget to close it, no problem. I also use it to catch the excess powder at the end of my pouring session.
    Welcome to the site Doug!
    I am going to do this, great idea, thanks for sharing!

www.seattleguns.net