Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Electronic powder dispense/measures, anyone using one and your thoughts

Electronic powder dispense/measures, anyone using one and your thoughts

Been doing a lot of loading lately with extruded powder, as much as I like the Rcbs powder dropper, it isn't that great with Varget, I-4895 or I-4064, so I have been hand weighing each charge. I love reloading, but this may get old to me, so considering an electronic powder dispenser. Been eye balling the Rcbs Chargemaster.

Anyone using one? Thoughts? Are they worth it or stick to doing it by hand? I prefer things to be pretty precise when trickling into my balance beam, so expect the same from an electronic device, otherwise not worth the cost of the unit.

www.seattleguns.net

Careful man, there's a beverage here!

Expert marksman
    Rcbs chargemaster here I love it I'll post links on how to improve it in a few but it works wonders. I load varget and h4350 with it currently

Id like to someday try one, but hell i just moved up in the world and got an actual good powder measure..lol..

From what i hear, if your after speed neither the chargemaster or hornady are it.

Quote Originally Posted by steveptr View Post
    Rcbs chargemaster here I love it I'll post links on how to improve it in a few but it works wonders. I load varget and h4350 with it currently
    How do the charges weigh when you check them? Are they within a tenth as advertised?

www.seattleguns.net

Expert marksman
    With stick powder not so much but the straw trick solves that by allowing a smoother flow of powder. It throws typically with in a tenth but will occasionally over throw. there are two methods ive used throw under and tap up or do the straw trick makes more consistent.

Did some reading this afternoon on a few sites and 6mmbr and it sounds like the rcbs with a piece of straw is the preferred dispenser.

I did read an interesting bit on 6mmbr, one of their techy guys popped apart 20 FGMM 308 rounds and they weighed as much as 4/10ths a grain difference on powder charge, we all know they are a fair shooting round for a factory round. If they shoot that well, with that much spread, I will be plenty happy with my own loads being just 1/10th, which the rcbs seems to deliver on a consistent basis. I will include the link to the 6mmbr review.

http://www.6mmbr.com/powderdispensers01.html

www.seattleguns.net

Expert marksman
    The reason it over throws is how the powder balls up at the end then when it falls it's .1-.4 over take and scoop the amount over and your golden.

Pulled the trigger on the Chargemaster. After reading all the reviews, it was the clear choice, cant wait to try it out.

I ended up ordering it from Natchez. Amazon had it for $10 more and free shipping, then I remembered amazon hits WA state guys with sales tax, so went with Natchez and saved about $22.00.

www.seattleguns.net

Expert marksman
    That's what I did at the beginning of the year I love it so far.