Thread: Hornady LNL powder measure

Hornady LNL powder measure

Slowly acquiring my own stuff, so i dont have to drive over to my old mans and use his stuff. Just picked up a few things in the last week that were on sale, picked up a new Hornady LNL powder measure for $55 bux, and heard they work good.

Any tips or tricks i should know, i have already read to clean it out good first before use , and then drop powder in and throw a bunch of throws just to get some powder/graphite coverage in the PM.

Also looking for a good way to mount it up,

I have one on my LNL progressive.Works good. Have read of others converting their Dillons to use the LNL measure. Clean out real good and wipe it down inside and out with a dryer sheet every once in awhile to keep the static down. Some powders cling more than others. Did you get both drums with it? I havent used the large one yet at all. It's stinking huge. Your on your own for mounting it. I can bust mine down and see if it fits in my RCBS stand if you want. I can't get any flake powder to measure super accurate with it but I think thats the nature of flake powders. Hope it works for you. I lean more towards the Hornady stuff. Excellent bang for the buck. They take care of you pretty good warranty wise too. Had to replace the primer shuttle on the progressive and it was at my mail box in less than a week.

I had one and it worked great, just remember the metal piece inside when pouring your powder back into it's container, or you may end up with a mess. Flake powders like Unique, bluedot and bullseye meter ok, but do bind a lil at times. Like J-Rod said, this is typical of flake powder and doesnt seem to matter what measure you use.

www.seattleguns.net

Careful man, there's a beverage here!

Not that you'll do much moving when you get it mounted but keep in mind the clear plastic tube is not fastened or glued to the base. When removing mine from my press I pulled the tube out of the base. Not cool! I am going to epoxy it into the metal base to prevent any Holy Chit moments.

Good info guys thanx!!

I bought some of that hornady one shot gun cleaner and lube with dyna glide? they recommend it , and heard others say it works good for cleaning it out and such.

Will do on the dryer sheet. At the moment will be using it mostly for rifle powders such as AA2230, h335, and eventually tac and varget possibly. Just needed something faster then manually weighing, as no progressive here yet.

Ya not sure if i should pick up the matching hornady stand or screw a couple boards together and mount it on there, or a couple bushing in a board would be nice but dont want to buy a pack of them as i have no other hornady dies, presses.

Not taken on the plastic tube, havent even opened the box yet to look at it, just busy and wanted to hear other opinion on this PM.

Okay, broke it out of the box and took it apart and cleaned it real well, and back together and hope to get it dialed in tomorrow.

Question- Is the baffle piece necessary?

Well finally got to use this thing today and i have to say, dont know why i waited so long to get one, screw that weighing out every charge stuff, well i will for my accuracy loads.

But even at that AA2230 measured dead on every timed i checked, which was every 10 rounds as this was the first time using it, and also randomly pulled a few here and there and all weighed what i had dialed in.

The n switched over to H335 and only got a .1 difference every once in a while, which is no big deal as i was loading up some 55gr plinking loads for the AR's.

Now after speeding up that part of the process the single stage press is slowing me down...lol