Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Stainless Media Tumbler

I have used pins but as a rule I don't. I sold mine awhile back. Re-purchased them recently.
    The deciding factor was a GOOD media separator. To get pins out you almost have to submerge
    the screen system in water to float them loose. They're pesky. Now I have a good separator and
    will try again. They do speed the tumbling process.

I like the new black tumbler and it's priced competitively. The knobs are better (and as I said, you can get by with only three of them)
    and the pillow block bearings prevent things coming apart when you move them. OTOH, they're not as local and will be a tad more
    expensive to fix... but they don't often need fixing.

Looking forward to your report, Norm, when you've got a year on yours.

Quote Originally Posted by handcaster View Post
    I have used pins but as a rule I don't. I sold mine awhile back. Re-purchased them recently.
    The deciding factor was a GOOD media separator. To get pins out you almost have to submerge
    the screen system in water to float them loose. They're pesky. Now I have a good separator and
    will try again. They do speed the tumbling process.

I like the new black tumbler and it's priced competitively. The knobs are better (and as I said, you can get by with only three of them)
    and the pillow block bearings prevent things coming apart when you move them. OTOH, they're not as local and will be a tad more
    expensive to fix... but they don't often need fixing.

Looking forward to your report, Norm, when you've got a year on yours.
    The only hesitation I had on buying it, was they already offer the drive belts for sale, hmmm is that for a reason??
    I guess I will find out. They are only like $7.00, but I dont want to be replacing one every few months, if once every couple years, I can live with that. I know moving parts wear over time.

www.seattleguns.net

Careful man, there's a beverage here!

Never had to change one yet.

Id like to get into wet tumbling one day

Quote Originally Posted by 1911 View Post
    The only hesitation I had on buying it, was they already offer the drive belts for sale, hmmm is that for a reason??
    I guess I will find out. They are only like $7.00, but I dont want to be replacing one every few months, if once every couple years, I can live with that. I know moving parts wear over time.
    Cool my first convert! Keep in mind these were first marketed as rock polishers. They usually run for days if not weeks. You'll use it a fraction of the time. We have used the Thumblers for ALOT of brass! Never had any problems.Never replaced a belt. And the one your getting is way nicer.

Should be here by friday, I hope, would like to run a test batch through this weekend. I dont have any nasty brass, but got some 38spc brass shot with 231, so have fouling and some heat discoloration on the necks. Curious to see how it does with that.

www.seattleguns.net

Don't have to be nasty. Everything will shine like a new penny. Oh by the way, when you get bored you can run your spare change in it. Looks really good. Not ashamed to say I've done it!

Quote Originally Posted by J-Rod View Post
    Don't have to be nasty. Everything will shine like a new penny. Oh by the way, when you get bored you can run your spare change in it. Looks really good. Not ashamed to say I've done it!
    LOL I may have to see what else I have to throw in it..lol

Ever see the episode of Malcolm in the middle when they rent a wood chipper??

www.seattleguns.net

Got the new tumbler today! Too late to try it out tonight, but may get a batch of brass going tomorrow night, but more likely over the weekend..lol

So far it looks well built and the motor is quiet while operating empty. Only complaint was the choice of 8mm nuts for securing the motor to the frame. 3/8" was a tad big, 5/16" was too small. I had to dig around to locate a 8mm wrench to get the job done.

www.seattleguns.net

Oh man that looks pissed!I'm jealous.