Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Stainless Media Tumbler

Stainless Media Tumbler

This is a friend of mines tumbler. Thankfully he lets me use it when I need to. This is the ultimate in brass cleaning. I havent used anything else in several years. Just water, stainless pins and a little LemiShine(water conditioner) and a squirt of liquid soap. First picture is the Thumlers Tumbler. Looks like cheap crap and it is but it works Great. second picture is standard fired range fodder 30-06 not too dirty, normal stuff. Third is the three grossest, nastiest crap I could find. Just check out the after photos. And they really don't do it justice. This was exactly three hours of running. 30-06 probably could have been pulled in half the time. They now sell alot better model than this one but the results should be the same. Happy reloading. J-RodSorry for the huge pictures, will make them smaller next time. still getting the hang of this stuff

Last edited by J-Rod; 04-12-2014 at 12:52 PM.

I love how the brass comes out done this way, I have the old school tumbler and just have a hard time justifying the cost of going this route vs the vibratory style.

It does a much finer job, but also seems to be a lil more time consuming and labor intensive.

The thumlers are much quieter though. I hate being home while my tumbler is going, have to close the door to my reloading room and turn up the tv..lol

www.seattleguns.net

Careful man, there's a beverage here!

BTW, if most of that is 06, what the hell is that big bastard you tumbled???

www.seattleguns.net

Left to right 40-82 W.C.F, 7mm Mag, 50 BMG. Didn't really expect the three to come that clean. They were the worst stuff I had .The 50 is from 1951, the 40-82 who the hell knows how old it is. Not much more time consuming. Noise is far less. After tumbling just rinse, run through a standard media seperator and dry. I throw them in an old towel on the hood of my truck in the sun. No corn cob all over the place. No red walnut residue all over everything. Pretty as new penny. Flash holes as clean as a whistle.

I was thinking 50bmg. The 7mm mag is no slouch, but looks dinky in that pic, looks like a belted 223..lol

www.seattleguns.net

I run two of those Thumler's at home (sold a third one) and began to hate the small wing nuts. Found that three plastic knobs from Grainger Catalog for $1.29 each were all that were needed to keep the liquids in and were LOTS easier on my finners.

Larry, are you running the pins on your own brass or just liquid?? Most my brass isnt too bad, since I tumble after each shot and might go this route if dont need the pins each use. I hate the vibratory tumbler living in an apartment and sure the guy below me doesnt appreciate it either..lol If I had a shop, I would just stick out there and let her rip.

www.seattleguns.net

I am also looking at this tumbler, looks well built and no wing nuts on it.

http://www.stainlesstumblingmedia.co...-rebel-17.html

www.seattleguns.net

Quote Originally Posted by 1911 View Post
    I am also looking at this tumbler, looks well built and no wing nuts on it.

http://www.stainlesstumblingmedia.co...-rebel-17.html
    Thats the one Santa is going to bring next year. Has pillow bearing instead of bushings. Black looks freaking cool too. The drum looks exactly the same but with the plastic knobs instead of the wing nuts. I suspect most of the external cleaning is just the brass rubbing on each other. The internal cleaning and primer pocket cleaning is the pins. They last forever though. You might loose a few each time but very minimal.

I broke down last night and ordered one of these set ups for my birthday, had to make up some excuse for buying one....

http://www.stainlesstumblingmedia.co...e-package.html

I will probably pick up a Harbor Freight dehydrator down the road, but for now I will probably just dry on a towel on the counter, since I dont have a woman in the house to bitch at me..lol

www.seattleguns.net