Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What are you carrying?

What are you carrying?

Alright folks, post em up. What's on your hip, ankle, thigh? I am a bit of a 1911 whore. So my usual carry is a Colt LW Defender with 230gr Speer Gold Dots loaded up. Wilson Combat 7rd mags, gun in a Minotaur hybrid IWB, and mags in a Galco double mag pouch.

I have also more recently discovered the greatness that is S&W J frame revolvers. So in combination with, or for deeper concealment or just comfort, I have a Model 60 S&W that's loaded with 125 gr +p Remington Golden Saber .38 specials. This usually rides my ankle in a Galco ankle holster(can't remember exact model, but awesome!), also have a cheap leather IWB holster that works great ss a pocket holster. Find it carries well in a cargo pocket of shorts or whatnot. I keep an extra speed strip in my front pocket.

Last edited by Jagerbomber; 12-12-2013 at 01:55 PM.

We have similar taste. LOL I carry a Colt Defender with Ranger 230gr +p SXT's in the winter and a S&W 642 with Ranger 130gr +p during shorts weather. I just added the crimson trace grips to the Defender, cant wait to get to the range and try them out. I like the Tyler's, may have to try a set out on the Smith. Thought I had a pic handy og the Smith, but guess I dont.

Damn those grips look good! I'm not a big fan of the Hogues on mine. Would like to get a set of the CT grips, but boy are they porud of them. Ill probably end up picking up another set of VZ grips like my other 1911s. Nice set up!

Marksman
    Those grips do look pretty damn nice, especially against stainless!

Quote Originally Posted by Barfly View Post
    Those grips do look pretty damn nice, especially against stainless!
    I wish I had gotten the blued grip screws though vs the stainless. I think they would like nicer with the other black features on the grip.

Marksman
    I carry a GP100 in a Falco IWB leather hoster

when I need less of a profile I carry a Cougar 8000 in a Crossbreed Supertuck

Quote Originally Posted by Jagerbomber View Post
    Alright folks, post em up. What's on your hip, ankle, thigh? I am a bit of a 1911 whore. So my usual carry is a Colt LW Defender with 230gr Speer Gold Dots loaded up. Wilson Combat 7rd mags, gun in a Minotaur hybrid IWB, and mags in a Galco double mag pouch.

I have also more recently discovered the greatness that is S&W J frame revolvers. So in combination with, or for deeper concealment or just comfort, I have a Model 60 S&W that's loaded with 125 gr +p Remington Golden Saber .38 specials. This usually rides my ankle in a Galco ankle holster(can't remember exact model, but awesome!), also have a cheap leather IWB holster that works great ss a pocket holster. Find it carries well in a cargo pocket of shorts or whatnot. I keep an extra speed strip in my front pocket.
    Love those Tyler T's grips! I carry...well..cheap stuff.

I carry...well..cheap stuff.
    Mikey, you sold your carry gun, did you go Glock on us?

Quote Originally Posted by 1911 View Post
    Mikey, you sold your carry gun, did you go Glock on us?
    ...maybe a little

I'm carrying a j-frame for now though. Glock 19c should be coming in on Wednesday. Can I still hang out with you guys? Please?

Quote Originally Posted by Sinus211 View Post
    ...maybe a little

I'm carrying a j-frame for now though. Glock 19c should be coming in on Wednesday. Can I still hang out with you guys? Please?
    I think if you want to carry 15 rounds, you should just carry 3 j-frames.