Thread: I want to see some reloading benches

I want to see some reloading benches

Here is what my reloading area looks like. I refer to this mess as "The Bench" The picture was took today in it's usual mess and a batch of Ben's Red bullet lube brewing up. I'm ready to unbolt everything a start over again. Would like to compare my mess to yours. Happy reloading! J-Rod

Last edited by J-Rod; 03-16-2014 at 05:24 PM.

Here is my set up. Nothing fancy here, just an old solid oak "teacher's" desk I found on ebay, picked it up from a Snohomish County Sheriff's deputy in Arlington for $25.00. He asked what I wanted it for, told him to make a reloading bench and said awesome! The drawers are really nice and hold a lot of items, especially the deep drawer on the right, currently holds all my pistol powder and primers.

Mine is homemade laminated 2x6's. What you see out front is how thick it is all the way across. Galvanized steel top. Makes it very heavy. Was originally just a garage workbench but morphed into my reloading bench. Considering building another for just the casting stuff and clearing some room. I'm very cluttered right now. When I bolt the trimmer down to the plate I get a fair amount of barked knuckes off the progressive. Nice setup 1911!!

Quote Originally Posted by J-Rod View Post
    Mine is homemade laminated 2x6's. What you see out front is how thick it is all the way across. Galvanized steel top. Makes it very heavy. Was originally just a garage workbench but morphed into my reloading bench. Considering building another for just the casting stuff and clearing some room. I'm very cluttered right now. When I bolt the trimmer down to the plate I get a fair amount of barked knuckes off the progressive. Nice setup 1911!!
    We had a "bench" thread a long time ago on SGN and had quite a variety of set ups and many were once work benches that morphed into a reloading bench. A guy posted this morning a bench made out of a bar stool, I will get a pic and post it here. It worked and you have to do what you can with limited space.

Here it is.

NICE!!...Wow,.... now I feel bad about myself!

Marksman
    Here's mine:

It also has wheels on the bottom.

Last edited by Duke EB; 03-04-2014 at 06:05 PM. Reason: update

You guys need a garage or a shop! I am jealous of the equipment you guys have however, all great stuff. I don't have room in my house as its tiny, so I will be having to set up in the shop. I think I will have room for my shop workbench, and also a permanent reload bench. Thanks for the thread, I have feeling I will be stealing some design ideas.

My bench looks so much different now!

I am gonna have to update my pic one of these days.

www.seattleguns.net

Careful man, there's a beverage here!